Flexible Spending Accounts &
Health Savings Account

Marathon Oil offers accounts that help you pay for eligible medical, dental, vision – and even daycare expenses. In essence, with these plans, you can spend money and save at the same time.

FSA administered by: UnitedHealthcare®
Group Number: 751926
Customer Service Number: 1-800-331-0480
Website: www.myuhc.com
HSA administered by: Fidelity
Customer Service Number: 1-800-544-3716
Website: www.netbenefits.com/marathonoil

Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options

For information on eligible expenses for each type of account, visit www.irs.gov.

If you enroll in the HIP Options, you can contribute to:
  • Health Savings Account (HSA)
  • Limited FSA for vision and dental expenses
  • Dependent Care Spending Account (DCSA)

What Health Care Expenses Are Covered?

The HSA account can help you pay for health, dental or vision services incurred by you and your eligible dependents that other benefit programs do not cover. Some eligible expenses include:

  • Coinsurance payments.
  • Deductibles.
  • Prescription drugs.
  • Over-the-counter medicines and drugs, if prescribed by a doctor.
  • Dental care, such as fillings, root canals and bridges.
  • Vision care, such as eyeglasses and contact lenses, not covered by the Vision Plan.

The rules governing health care expenses are subject to change from year to year. Before you make an election, you should confirm that expenses you are likely to incur are eligible expenses.

NOTE: If you are enrolled in the Limited Health Care Spending Account (LHCSA) you can only use this account for eligible dental and vision expenses.

How Do I Access My LHCSA Funds?

You have put money aside to pay for your dental and vision expenses; now how do you use it? It’s easy! You have three ways to access funds from your LHCSA to pay for eligible dental and vision services:

  1. Use your Health Care Spending Account Card: You are pre-authorized to use the Health Care Spending Card, which works much like a debit card.
  2. Automatic Claim Payment Feature: You’re actively defaulted into the “automatic payment” feature through which the patient responsibility portion of each claim is paid to you from your LHCSA automatically. When eligible dental or vision claims are processed and you are responsible for a portion of the cost, the claim will automatically rollover to your LHCSA for payment. Once eligible claims are submitted, the automatic payment feature will reimburse you the amount, and you are responsible for paying the provider.
    • If you would like to deactivate this function, visit www.myuhc.com and click on “Claims & Accounts” then “Automatic Payment Options” then “Discontinue”.
  3. File a paper claim form: If you prefer to file your own reimbursement claims or if you have expenses that were not already paid with the Health Care Spending Card or through Automatic Claim Reimbursement, you can file a paper claim for reimbursement. UnitedHealthcare will reimburse you by check or through direct deposit to your bank account.

Important Note – Save your receipts!
When you use your Health Care Spending Card, be sure to save all your receipts. If UnitedHealthcare needs additional details to validate the expense, you’ll be asked to submit an itemized receipt or Explanation of Benefits (EOB). The IRS does not allow cancelled checks or online bank statements as acceptable proof of eligibility for expenses.

How Do I Access My HSA Funds?

There are multiple ways to use your HSA for payment or reimbursement of qualified medical expenses, including:

  1. Fidelity HSA debit card. The Fidelity HSA debit card, issued through PNC Bank, Delaware, can be used to pay for known qualified medical expenses at the point of sale (such as pharmacy prescriptions). Many providers will also accept your Fidelity HSA debit card for payment of an invoice you received in the mail. For convenience, you can request debit cards for your spouse and eligible dependents, too.
  2. Fidelity BillPay® for Health Savings Accounts. This online bill paying service enables you to quickly and easily make payments to health care providers, companies, and individuals. You can also set up an automatic payment schedule, reimburse yourself for out-of-pocket qualified medical expenses, and keep track of all payments and activity.
  3. Fidelity HSA checkbook. Your Fidelity HSA checkbook can be used to pay for qualified medical expenses at the point of sale or to make a payment for an invoice you received in the mail. You can even write yourself a check to be reimbursed for qualified medical expenses.
  4. Pay out-of-pocket. To take advantage of the long-term growth potential of your HSA, you may want to choose to pay for a qualified medical expense out-of-pocket rather than use the funds in your HSA. If you do pay out-of-pocket, you have the option to reimburse yourself from your HSA at any time without penalty.

What Dependent Care Expenses Are Covered?

The DCSA helps you pay for certain child care/elder care expenses for a qualified dependent that are necessary for you and, if applicable, your spouse to work, look for work or attend school full-time. Please note that you can only be reimbursed through a DCSA for care for a dependent child who is under age 13 or for your spouse or other dependent who is not able to care for himself or herself. Some eligible expenses include:

  • Care at a day care center.
  • Licensed nursery school fees.
  • Services provided by a housekeeper, babysitter or other person in your home who primarily cares for eligible children or an eligible adult dependent.
  • Expenses for a day camp during school vacations.
  • Care provided by a relative who is over age 19 and is not your dependent under federal tax law.

To view a more complete list of eligible dependent care expenses, log onto www.myuhc.com and click on “Eligible FSA Expenses.” Or access IRS Publication 503 at www.irs.gov.

How Do I Access My DCSA Funds?

You cannot use the UnitedHealthcare debit card to access your DCSA funds. You will have to pay out-of-pocket for the dependent care and then submit a claim to UnitedHealthcare for reimbursement from your DCSA. Complete the Dependent Care Claim Form, and mail or fax the form and required receipts or documentation to the address/fax number on the form.

UnitedHealthcare will reimburse you by check or through direct deposit to your bank account. Reimbursements from your DCSA will be made up to the amount of your year-to-date payroll contributions to your DCSA (minus any prior reimbursements) at the time the claim is submitted.

Participants have until March 31 of the year immediately following the Plan Year to request reimbursement for Eligible Expenses incurred during the Plan Year.

How Do I Access My Account Online?

You can access your account online to check account balances, see your claims history, change payment options and more!

To register your www.myuhc.com account:

UnitedHealthcare Health Plan Members

  • Visit www.myuhc.com and click “Register Now”.
  • You will need your Health Plan ID card and date of birth to register.

Non-Health Plan Members

  • Visit www.myuhc.com and click “Register Now”.
  • Under “Member ID” enter your nine-digit Marathon Oil Employee ID number. If your Employee ID number is less than nine digits, add zeros preceding the ID until it equals nine digits (for example, 000123456).
  • In “Group/Account Number” enter 751926.