Boost your total well-being with benefits that work for you.

2018 Benefits Open Enrollment

Benefits Open Enrollment for your 2018 benefits will be held from November 1 – November 15, 2017. To ensure that you have coverage that best meets you and your family’s needs, please carefully review your benefit options and utilize the resources available to you.

Benefits Basics

Benefits can be confusing, so we want to make sure you understand the basics as you compare our plans and determine what the best options are for you and your family.

Premium: The amount you pay every month for health insurance.

Deductible: The amount you pay during the year for medical services BEFORE your insurance starts to pay.

  • Individual deductible: This applies to a person with Employee Only coverage. He or she must meet this deductible before coinsurance applies to his or her expenses.
  • Family deductible: This applies to a person with Employee + coverage (Employee and Spouse, Employee and Children, or Employee and Family). All claims by participants enrolled in the plan aggregate together until the family deductible is met, then the coinsurance is applied to health plan expenses.

Coinsurance: The percentage you pay for services after meeting the deductible (e.g., 20% after deductible), plan pays remainder (e.g., 80%). You will pay this percent until the out-of-pocket maximum is met.

Out of Pocket Maximum: The annual amount you will have to pay out-of-pocket during a plan year (in addition to your monthly premiums).

  • Individual out-of-pocket maximum: This applies to a person with Employee Only coverage. This is the maximum he or she will have to pay each year (deductible + coinsurance) before the plan pays 100% of expenses.
  • Family out-of-pocket maximum: This applies to a person with Employee + coverage (Employee and Spouse, Employee and Children, or Employee and Family). This is the maximum the family will pay each year (deductible + coinsurance) before the plan pays 100% of expenses.

In-Network: A group of doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare providers who have agreed to accept payment from your insurance company at a negotiated discounted rate. Using an in-network provider will save you money.

Formulary: List of generic and brand name prescribed medications covered by your prescription plan.

Who Is Eligible For Coverage Under Marathon’s Plans?

You may cover your eligible dependents under the plans.

Dependent Eligibility for Plan Participation
  Spouse Child Domestic Partner Child of Domestic Partner
Health × × × ×
Dental × × × ×
Vision Assistance × × × ×
AD&D × × N/A N/A
Dependent Life Insurance × × N/A N/A

“Eligible Dependents” Include:

For the health, dental and vision assistance plans:

  • Your spouse, to whom you are lawfully married under the law of any domestic or foreign jurisdiction that has the legal authority to sanction marriages.
  • Your domestic partner (as determined by the criteria established in the “Marathon Oil Affidavit of Domestic Partner Relationship”).
  • Your children (and/or children of your domestic partner), which include your:
    • Natural children of the first degree,
    • Legally adopted children,
    • Stepchildren, and
    • Children whose parents are both deceased for whom you have legal custody as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction.

For the life insurance and ad&d plans:

  • Your spouse.
  • Your children, which include your:
    • Natural children of the first degree,
    • Legally adopted children,
    • Stepchildren, and
    • Children whose parents are both deceased for whom you have legal custody as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction.

Additional dependent eligibility requirements for marathon oil’s health and welfare plans

  • Adult child up to age 26, regardless of marital or student status or access to other coverage;
  • A dependent disabled child who has reached age 26 but is less than age 65 and is incapable of self-support due to a mental or physical disability is eligible.